International Association for Health Coaches Member!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sticktoitiveness: Learned or Innate?

The first time I heard someone say the word STICKTOITIVENESS, I thought they had just made it up.  And maybe they did.  But now, it has a permanent place in Webster's dictionary.  So, I guess I'll never underestimate the power of social influence on structured education.  Nevertheless, this word always intrigued me.  No matter how many times I heard this awkward word, it made me giggle.  And now, ten years since first hearing it, I believe I actually understand what sticktoitiveness actually means - and know it is not learned.  You're definitely born with it.  Sometimes you just need the right circumstance to bring it out of you.   This funny word now makes me smile.  Why?  Because it describes me to a "T."  And I'm sure, it describes many of you who are always on the path of living healthy and wealthy.

People with Sticktoitiveness are unflappable.  They rise to the occasion with confidence, in spite of obstacles or missteps along the way.  Much like myself, my buddies with sticktoitiveness gain strength from adversity.  While at times, it may look live we're just treading water, deep down inside, we are learning the errors of our ways and devising a plan to overcome our situation.

This is a characteristic that cannot be taught.  Either you have it or you don't.  Bascially, I'm telling you this:  If you are a person who gives up, doesn't take chances, let's someone talk you out of your dreams or has a habit of starting something and never finishing it -- you probably don't have sticktoitiveness. 

If you want to be successful and anything - NEVER GIVE UP!!  Always press forward with a positive outlook in all areas of your life.  The road will get rough, but you are strong enough and tough enough to make it through.  How will you ever know if you'll ever attain the goals you have inside if you don't take a chance, step out on faith and tell yourself there is no such thing as a failure - as long as you try.

Stick to it!  You'll be living healthy and wealthy in no time at all!







No comments:

Post a Comment