International Association for Health Coaches Member!

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Passionate About Purpose


Hello my health and wellness friends!!!  It has been a long time since I last put my fingertips to the keyboard to pen a blog post.  Please forgive me.  I am so sorry.  I should have never stopped doing one of the things which gave me an extreme amount of energy, excitement and motivation.  Sharing my thoughts, advice, tips and laughs with you, was a daily treat!  This fueled my love for living a healthy and wealthy life and my desire to help you do the same.  I have to admit, I allowed life to get the best of me, I lost my passion and I stopped writing my blog.

Well baby I'm back!  Yes!  Back in full effect.  I have made a ton of mistakes, experienced life like I never imagined - and I don't mean in a good way, but it's OK, really.  These last three years, 8 months and nearly two weeks (if that's accurate) are the lessons I needed to learn to become passionate about my purpose again.  I have experienced divorce, moving to a new state, removing/gaining relationships, losing jobs - yes jobs, not finding a new job yet, growing closer to Christ, starting ministry school, considering grad school, gaining weight, losing weight, teaching Zumba, not teaching Zumba and consistently changing my hair!  The list goes on an on!  While it seems the deck is stacked against me, I know God is for me and I am fighting from a place of victory!  None of these "challenges" can defeat me; they can only make me stronger! This revelation helped me regain my passion for my purpose.  


My purpose was not always clear to me, but it has always been in front of me: 'Love God, love people, be like Jesus and and serve others.'  God gave me several gifts and talents and I was made to use those to be a Blessing to others.  Once this clicked in my head, life didn't seem so horrible.  I could have peace through chaos on earth.  When you begin to understand your purpose and submit to the fact your life is not your own, you too can have peace through your storms.

I won't go deeper today into the topic of purpose - but I would like for you to give yours some serious thought. There's a saying the two most important days in a person's life is the day they are born and the day they discover why they were born.  This does not discount any milestones along the way.  It actually helps you connect and disconnect to life's episodes and stay passionate about your purpose!


                                               

4 comments:

  1. Good Afternoon Alicia,

    Wow! You're such an inspiration. I recently reached a milestone at age 50 and yet to really discover my purpose. I took a leap of FAITH and quit my job of 20 years to figure out my PURPOSE. After raising five sons as a single parent, it is now my time to rejuvenate myself. I moved to another state as well to explore better opportunities. While my faith is stronger than ever, I know that God has a plan for me. I am currently unwmployed knowing that God is opening a door for me soon.Thanks for sharing your story. I admire YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. You just made me cry! Jesus definitely is the way, the truth and the light of my life. Even when I mess up, He's always there to pick me up, dust me off and ready to help me try again. I don't always understand the process, but I am learning to trust it. It is God's divine plan! I also believe God is opening doors for me, in the midst of what seems like a never-ending storm. I admire you for taking a leap of faith. It's not a easy pill to swallow and others don't understand it. But as I shared with a dear friend of mine who is also venturing into a new chapter of life, our decisions/visions are not for everyone - that's why God gives us our own unique "marching orders." He helps us see 20-20 - the big picture, while other people remain in a fog until our mission manifests in the natural. Proof we are spiritual beings always having to balance natural experiences. Stay prayerful and remain faithful to what God is calling you do to. I can't wait to hear about your next chapter! Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathi!!!! Thank you! I am excited about getting restarted. Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete