International Association for Health Coaches Member!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

MMM, MMM, Good!!!


Happy April Healthy and Wealthy friends!!

Let's get this month started off right.. and not be April Fools! 

I always think better after I've had a good meal.  That's why I strive to eat the best foods that will allow my body to perform at it's peak and beyond. 

So that got my culinary wheels spinning.  I kept thinking, what's for dinner tonight? I wanted something new, fresh and that didn't make me feel heavy.  Yes, I know it's Sunday and you'd rather eat out or have something that takes little to no effort.  But I wanted you to feel good about your meal and not have regrets as you're letting it digest.  That's why I am sharing this healthy recipe that's quick, takes little effort and will taste like a gourmet meal. I cannot take credit for it. It was shared with me by one of my Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) classmates, Debbie. Thanks lady!!  Keep the recipes coming!



Please let me know if you try it and how you like it.  I will share many more recipes and tips that I learn from IIN. 


Here's Debbie's delicious recipe for Cashew Marinara Sauce over Zucchini Noodles.
 
 
 
 
2 servings
1 oz of raw cashews
Small 1 1/2 can of tomato paste
Garlic powder
Dried Thyme
Dried basil
Celery seeds
Oregano
Onion powder or Granules
1/2 cup water
Sea salt to taste or Braggs Liquid Amino

First place cashews in food processor and pulse until thoroughly chopped. Then add all ingredients except the water. Pulse. Add the water. Do not cook.

Shred the Zucchini and steam until it gets hot then remove from stove, then pour sauce over hot noodles



No comments:

Post a Comment