International Association for Health Coaches Member!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Boost Your Energy, Get Your Spark Back





Hey, Hey, Hey everybody (in my best Fat Albert Voice) !  I absolutely loved that show growing up!  Any-"hew" it's just after 1pm CST and this is the time of day when most people start feeling like enough is enough, they need a nap and just can't seem to get their motor revving to finish the day.  Been there, done that and it is the worst feeling ever!  But since I started my journey to live healthy and wealthy, I have reclaimed one of my greatest commodities.  And that is MY ENERGY!!!  I'd like to share with you my top 3 quick fixes to boost your energy and get your spark back.


The first thing I do when I'm feeling sluggish is grab some water! Splashing it on your face can help, but I suggest drinking at least eight ounces right off the bat.  Give it about 10 minutes and you'll feel like a new person.  Still feel like your tank is running low, drink another four to six ounces and then remember to hydrate every 20 to 30 minutes.  Your improved amount of energy will surprise you and anyone who saw you fading away in your groggy state.


My next suggestion is take a walk.  A brisk 10 to 15 minute walk will get oxygen flowing to your brain, blood circulating all through your body and clear out toxins that could be building up or causing swelling in your legs, hands or feet because you have been sedentary.  It's always a good idea to get a good walk/stretch in every 20 minutes if you have to sit long periods of time.  It'll do wonders for your energy and your overall health too.





And if water and walking aren't doing the trick (but they likely will), grab a mini-energizer snack.  Oh yeah, I know you just had lunch and hour or two ago, but if you aren't eating wisely, then whatever you ate could be the culprit zapping your zest!  Some of my favorite snacks are a small handful of almonds (roughly 12), five ounces of Greek yogurt, a cup of white or green tea, a home-made, no-bake energy bar and any fruit I might have a hankering for (apples, kiwi, bananas, grapes).

These are just a few of my many tips to keep you energized throughout the day.

If you'd like to learn more about eating for energy, please contact me about my free workshop in the Chicago area on February 7, 2013 at 6:30pm.  I'd love to see you there!

Until next time, remember your health is your wealth.  How will you invest in it today?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment