International Association for Health Coaches Member!

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Feelin' Green: Part 2: Krispy Kale Chips


 
Good Evening healthy and wealthy friends.  I hope you are having a super Saturday! As I promised yesterday, here's a tasty green recipe I simply adore!  It's for my Krispy Kale Chips.  They are super delicious, nutritious and great for those of us who crave crunchy and salty snacks.  They only problem is you feel like you can't stop eating them!  But don't worry.  You can eat a ton of these and still not rack up the calories, salt and sugar in a bag of potato chips.  Seriously, give them a try and let me know what you think.  Oh, and that frosty drink next to the bowl of kale chips is a berry-mango smoothie I whipped up.  What a great treat this was last night.  I think I may have it again tonight!
 
 
Ingredients:
 
- 1 bunch of fresh kale greens
- Olive Oil
- Your choice of seasonings
 
 
 
Directions:
 
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees:  Lightly coat a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
 
2.  Take your bunch of kale and separate leaves from stems (I like the stems so I left them on).  Wash and thoroughly dry the kale.  Then transfer to cookie sheet.
 
3.  Drizzle with olive oil and your favorite seasoning.  Try to use salt-free/sugar-free seasoning - we are trying to keep this healthy!!)  Himalayan or Celtic salt are also OK to use since these are salts that are good for you.
 
4.  Bake for 10-15 minutes until the edges of the leaves are "krispy" and little brown but not burnt.
 
5.  Enjoy!
 
 
 
Makes roughly 6 servings.  Calories will range from about 40 - 50 per 1 cup serving; this depends on the amount of oil and the type of seasoning you use.  Don't even sweat the fat - it will be a minimal amount anyway, plus it's olive oil - a good source of mono-unsaturated fat. 
 
 
 
Tomorrow I'll share an energy boosting, kiwi salsa recipe you'll simply adore!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment