International Association for Health Coaches Member!

Monday, June 27, 2011

What a day!

Today was my first day back at work after being off for the last 8 weeks.  Getting back in the saddle like that can be challenging for some folks - especially if you work in a high-paced, stressful environment like I do.  There very little down-time to catch your breath or even go to the bathroom! And forget about a lunch break.  So after my medically induced hiatus, heading back was met with angst, some eagerness and disgust.  But, I made a decision to not let this get the best of me.





While I know where and what I would rather be doing on a daily basis, I also know I have an obligation to complete the journey where I am currently.  So folks, instead of letting doom and gloom set in, I choose to let positivity and faith guide me.  No matter what happened today - no matter who tried to step on my toes and treat me like a 5th class citizen, I kept my head held high, smiled and kept a pep in my step.  Yes indeed, that place was my runway, my stage, my moment in the spotlight.  And I'm not letting my 15 minutes of fame end anytime soon!

 

From this point forward, it is my goal - and my right - to not let anyone steal my joy.  They didn't give it to me, so they can't have it.  Yeah, I know everyday is not going to be a bowl of cherries, but when I start getting lemons, I'm gonna make the best darn lemon meringue cake I've ever tasted (see - you thought I was going for the old "make lemonade" adage)!!!

 


Today was very liberating for me.  I finally believe I truly have found the key to unlock the peace of mind I have so desperately needed in my life.  That key also unlocks a healthier way of living.  No more sweating the small stuff for me - no sir!  I know I am too blessed to be stressed.   So, for those of you reading this - take heed.  You too don't deserve to reside in "funky town" unless you are talking about getting your groove on in your own special way.  Surround yourself with positive people, positive things and always take time out for yourself to do whatever it is you need to center yourself and find peace.  You'll be happy, your body mind and soul will be happy and you can sit back, relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor. This is one of the very important steps on our journey to be healthy and wealthy.  STRESS FREE - PEACE OF MIND - PRICELESS.


 
                                                                   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment