International Association for Health Coaches Member!

Monday, March 19, 2012

When The Going Gets Tough...

Hey all.  Hope you're having a healthy and wealthy Monday.


You know I had to go there..LOL!!
 The going got tough for me today.  It almost turned into a manic Monday.  But I rose to the occasion and didn't let the haters, busybodies and the work obsessed people steal my joy.  Oh, they tried.  And they tried.  And they tried over and over again.  Let me tell you something I can officially verify first hand... IGNORANCE NEVER SLEEPS!! And here it is I thought money never slept!  Who knew!!?!?!!?

I woke up at 430am.  Got to work by 6:30am and the drama landed at my doorstep by 8am.  Here's the kicker ... I'd been gone for over a week... 10 days to be exact... and petty folks were still kicking up unnecessary nonsense that allegedly happened before I left.  I say allegedly because the foolish tale I was told was not what happened, but somone tried to drag my name in the mud, and prefaced the lie by saying -- "Not trying to get anyone into trouble .. but I had to tell my manager."  Well, if I were you, I'd want to tell my manager a truthful story.  And if I was uncertain of the facts because I didn't witness what actually went down, then I would either keep my mouth shut or ask the person directly (that would be me) about what really happened.  Good grief!  And to believe this incident involved people who are older than I am.  It's an adult game of "she said, that she said that they said .. uh, I think."

You know the old saying about what happens when you "ASSUME" something.  If you don't leave me a message on the blog and I'll get back to you.

So basically, my words of advice for you today are ...when the going gets tough - you get tougher.  Don't allow people to trample over your feelings and disrespect you.  But you also have to know how to pick and choose your battles.  You don't have to get indignent or belligerant.  Politely check them and put them in their place without causing a scene.  How do you do that?  Well, as my momma always told me, kill them with kindness.  Today, I'm telling you to love them for a lifetime.  I know, I know, it's tough, but somebody's gotta do it.  Might as well be you.

That's all today folks.  Trying to get back in the saddle after my vacation.  I'll have more for you in the near future.  In the meantime - drop me a note on how you're living healthy and wealthy.  I am so curious to hear what you're up to.

Peace!

And don't forget -- check out your healthy and wealthy links!


No comments:

Post a Comment