International Association for Health Coaches Member!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude

Hey there everyone!!  I hope you are experiencing a healthy and wealthy Saturday.  I was just sitting here on my couch, watching the Live Well Network, enjoying some nice baked apples with cinnamon and nutmeg and a hot cup of ganoderma coffee - when this thought hit me:  I really feel good today - mentally and physically - but most importantly, spiritually.

Now, there was nothing "tangible" that happened since waking up this morning - except that I woke up! Praise the Lord!  This to me is the greatest gift I could receive today - or any day for that matter.  But as I reflect on some the the events this past week - there were so many things that transpired that could have sent my attitude and morale into the depths of despair.  But you know what - I refuse to allow negative energy to control my life.




Yes, sometimes this is easier said than done.  But remember, you are in control.  My husband likes to live by his personal adage:  "Don't let anybody get into your head for free."  Being the bargain shopper in the family, I have another rule:  Free or not - if I don't want it - I'm not bringing it home!"  I also apply this to life's every day, unnecessary dramas - personal or work-related. 

Your attitude definitely determines your altitude (how you rise above situations).  It is your choice to be happy and to take everything in stride.  Spend a few minutes and assess how you've handled situations in the last few days - or even the last 24 hours.  Did someone or something get under your skin or disappoint you?  Was a co-worker rude or offensive?  Did you experience one of those pricey, unexpected incidentals that always seem to occur at the "best time ever"?  How did you allow it to affect you?  If you can't say the end result was positive or is being addressed in a spiritually appropriate manner - then you might want to go back to the drawing board and either fix the problem or pledge to diligently handle it better in the future. 

You always want to remain in control - even when those around you feel like they are running the show.  Don't let them steal your joy - nor you - theirs.  Several cooks can be in the kitchen - just so long as everyone stays on their side of the counter, handle their specialities and treat everyone with RESPECT.  But, when things get a bit messy - just take a deep breath, clear your mind - and tell yourself - "My attitude determines my altitude - and I am above all nonsense."

Keep living healthy and wealthy and we'll see each other at the top!



Want some of that tasty ganoderma coffee?  Click on the link below to learn more .

No comments:

Post a Comment