International Association for Health Coaches Member!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Crazy about Cilantro and its Healing Powers



 
Cilantro, cilantro, cilantro.  What can I say?  I have been in love with this herb for a while now, but I fell in love with it even more today when I learned of its healing powers.  I always knew it, along with other herbs are good for you, but I didn't know specifically how this savory, pungent and tasty fella actually fit into living healthy and wealthy.  Listen up, if you don't have any cilantro in your kitchen, go out and buy some today.  Here's why:

If you are concerned about exposure to heavy metals, that pose a real risk of heavy metal poisoning, not to mention that our environment is saturated with these toxins, a method called "chelation" is the only way to remove metal toxins from the body.  A synthetic amino acid called EDTA is administered orally.  It then binds with the heavy metals in the body and aids with the excretion of  toxins. For years this was believed to be the best way to rid the body of heavy metal toxins.  But, in 1995 a man named Dr. Omura of the Heart Disease Research Foundation made an exciting discovery. He realized his patients excreted higher than normal levels of mercury after consuming significant quantities of cilantro. The original discovery was entirely accidental, but Dr. Omura did further research and found that dosing patients with cilantro was an effective means of removing mercury from the body. This is considered the most natural way to rid the body of such poisons.

You'll just need a couple of tablespoons of fresh cilantro daily to do the trick in about three weeks. Cilantro also provides an overall blood and body cleanse. It increases liver function, helping the organ detoxify the blood and lymph fluids.

It's easy to incorporate cilantro into your diet. This is a relatively common Mexican herb. The fresh leaves and stems provide the best healing qualities. Toss them into a salad or make fresh salsa with chopped cilantro for a powerful flavor boost.  I use cilantro in tacos, omelets, rice and pasta dishes and anytime a recipe calls for parsley, I may toss in a few sprigs.  I used some today in my homemade 4-bean turkey chili.  I can't wait to chow down and heal my body and my appetite!  Chow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment