International Association for Health Coaches Member!

Thursday, May 9, 2013


Fried cabbage with spicy turkey sausage, made by Alicia Bettes 
Good Afternoon my healthy and wealthy friends.  As promised yesterday, via my pages http://www.facebook.com/RiteChoiceNutrition and http://www.facebook.com/abettes  ,  I tried out this great fried cabbage and sausage recipe with a few "healthy" modifications.  Check my Facebook pages for the complete recipe.  But I'll tell you what I swapped.  First of all, the recipe called for bacon grease.  I won't even go there right now - so, what I will tell you is that I used coconut oil instead.  And I also traded polish sausage - which is usually made with pork casing - for a spicy turkey sausage made with a soy casing.  All I have to say is mmmm, mmmm, good!  This is a quick and easy recipe.  I don't think the most inexperienced cook could mess it up.  I also made a pan of homemade cornbread.  Just Google an easy recipe that fits your fancy or whatever box version you're used to.  The combination was scrumptious!  And this pan gave allowed plenty of leftovers for my husband and me.  The great thing about this is the cabbage and the other veggies help fill you up with good fiber and low calories.  You can change up the type of sausage (chicken, beef, pork, veggie) for a nice protein boost and the cornbread helps kick the meal up a notch - making it complete.  The only thing missing is a fruit.  You can save that for an after dinner snack/dessert  or make a fruit smoothie.  Anyway - give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.  Bon Appetit ! 

 
***Be sure to keep my website handy if you or someone you know is in the market for a holistic health coach:  www.ritechoicenutrition.com - I empower women to stop dieting and learn how to eat right and live the life of their dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment