International Association for Health Coaches Member!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Truth Shall Set You Free

I feel like I'm channeling my inner-Aunt Esther from "Sanford and Son" anytime I repeat or think about the saying "The truth shall set you free!!!" I can't help it.  IT'S THE TRUTH!!  Staying true and telling the truth have been on my mind a lot lately.  That's because I know something about someone and they don't know that I know.  This someone is also doing everything in their power to avoid telling me the "truth."  The funny thing is .. they don't know the entire truth about the situation they think they're keeping from me.  I only learned "more of the truth"  in the last few days - and I want so badly to tell them the jig is up!  But, I'm being told it is not my place to do so. 


Everyone involved in this tangled web is an adult, but I feel uncomfortable keeping this to myself.  I don't appreciate playing a childish game I have unwillingly been roped into, especially when someone's emotions are on the line.  Oh, what to do?"  Do I just ignore it?  Act like I know nothing?   I don't know.  You tell me.  Here's what I do know.  Truth is a virtue.  Telling the truth is a very important trait.  My parents taught me to tell the truth all the time.  Even when it scares you to death.  The truth helps avoid misunderstandings and complications later.  When people avoid being truthful, it can lead to numerous other lies and complications.  Being untruthful is unhealthy.. mentally and physically.  And in the end, can lead to a whole wealth of trouble.

Share your thought about what you would do in this situation.

In the meantime - click the link below to learn about a truth I am sharing with everyone I know!!


No comments:

Post a Comment