International Association for Health Coaches Member!

Monday, July 25, 2011

What's My Motivation?

Please tell me you remember that funny Sprite commercial from a few years back - when a group of guys  playing basketball (in a commercial) were abruptly cut off by a director -- and one yells .."Excuse me, what's my motivation?" Ok, if you don't have a clue of what I'm talking about, check out the commerical on youtube. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPIzLPx6T-U

I often think of this funny spot when I struggle to find my motiviation to keep going. Whether it's personal or professional, we've all come to that bridge when we either wanted to simply quit or it when seems we've run out of options after trying our hardest at something and it ends in disappointment.



That's when you have to dig down deep. I mean really deep. You have to put all of the outside chatter you hear from friends, family, co-workers and the so-called experts out of your brain and just focus on you, your thoughts, your true feelings and emotions. You have to revisit why you started something or got into something in the first place.  Basically, you have to rediscover your drive.

Why even spend the energy and time?  Because it’s going to be different this time! Because you can’t accomplish anything that you give up on. Disappointments and failures happen to everyone. The difference between those who reach their goals and those who don’t is staying motivated. If you’re motivated, you’ll keep going. If you keep going, eventually you’ll reach your goal.



Here are a few tips I have picked up along the way that help keep me fired up to stay motivated.

The first is having confidence.  I know I am a survivor and a conqueror.  The more I accomplish, the more I believe in myself.  I set goals and if I don't achieve them one way, I try another route.  The key here is, I never give up.

Staying on track also keeps my eye on the prize.  I have a vision board that I keep posted on my wall in my office.  It's all of the things I'd like to accomplish personally and professionally.  That board keeps me focused on "why" I get up and do what I do every single day.  Even when I don't feel like it.  Before you know it, time flies by and I can't believe what I have achieved in what seemed like an eternity, but really was a short period of time.

You have to build on your momentum.  It can lead to great results.  When you are able to to do this, you not only work towards your goal(s), but you also keep your streak alive.  This proves to be even more reason to reach your goal(s). 

And finally, if you stick to your plan, you'll learn and understand more as you hit bumps in the road and achieve success.  You'll figure out what works best and what doesn't.  Before you know it, you've grown into a stronger more confident "new you."  You are a winner who didn't give up when the going got tough.  You'll see  it, feel it and know it.  And guess what, everyone around you will too!!



Check out the following website that is helping thousands of people stay motivated and reach their fullest potential.  Here's to your health and wealth!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment